REVIEW LIST

Windows XP Service Pack 3 3.1

Increase the security of your WiFi connection from this service pack

By Reinalei Jamir

On Thursday, June 5, 2014

When I heard that Windows XP Service Pack 3 was already available, I downloaded it immediately. This service pack is also called XP SP3 included updates from the previous versions with added functionalities. Though these functions may not have a great impact on its users, there are still some important updates that we can consider. One of the important updates for me is the WiFi security. Since I always browse online for personal and work related concerns, I find this feature vital. Microsoft Management Console 3.0 was also updated in this service pack. Windows XP SP3 also included certain components that will safeguard its users when they are log into different networks. The features added to this pack include the Network Access Protection (NAP) and Black Hole Router Detection Windows. If you are planning to install XP SP3, you need to make sure that you have installed Windows SP1 or SP2. Once you have downloaded this pack, you can easily install it even if you do not have an internet connection.

Pros

• Increased security related to WiFi connectivity
  • Provides the latest fixes and improved functions

Cons

• Functionalities offered are quite minimal
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

Enhanced Network Management for Better WiFi Connection for its Users

By Isay Almenanza

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Although Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, there are still things to appreciate about its Service Pack 3. It is the last package featuring updates for your computer’s system. XP’s Service Pack 3 comprises of all the previous patches and added general improvements. Aside from all of these, new functions are introduced such as a health system status and a more protected Wi-Fi access to properly supervise your computer’s processes.

The SP3 can be considered as a routine update only for average or home users. Perhaps the reason is because it has not much to give. Its general system performance has not been improved, and no new interesting functions have been provided. On the contrary, thanks to its Network Access Protection (NA,) network management has been enhanced. NAP is a technology used to control different accesses depending on the overall health of a computer system.

SP3 does not have any significant updates, but the utilities available along with it are useful for Wi-Fi usage which is the most important factor for me.

Pros

• It provides better WiFi connection
  • It enhanced its network management

Cons

• No major system performance provided
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Meet the last member of the Windows XP family now

By Jane Middleburg

On Monday, April 14, 2014

The ultimate service pack for Windows XP includes several novelties that make it one of the main Operating Systems even a decade after its releasing date. Ever since the first day of the installation of this last Service Pack, the truth is that it doesn’t change too much having in mind the previous SP2. The security has been improved, and the performance is kept almost the same as before but enhancing it a little for using new available hardware since its first release. This version of the Windows OS is one of the dearest by its users due to the simplicity, the easy interface and its performance with low-end and high-end computers.

This version has been improved in the management tools such as the MMC 3.0, additional tools for connectivity issues and complete system health check. In general terms, this version of the classic Windows XP offers much more and can be considered as the one that any user must use in order to make the most of their systems. Although this version lacks official support at this moment, it will always be the recommended option for installing it on old systems in order to make them usable to this day.

Pros

• The ultimate tools for Windows XP
  • Security and management heavily improved

Cons

• It lacks of official support
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

GET ALL YOUR UPDATES ESPECIALLY FOR WIFI CONNECTIONS BY DOWNLOADING WINDOW XP

By Shikoh Kariuki

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Having to use the previous windows XP has really been annoying to most people and more complaints have resulted but with Microsoft it goes on enhancing the updates and resolving them. Thankful to the final release of Windows XP Service Pack 3 it has all updates for your computer. Mainly it is for home users and the update s are majorly not that so technical and mainly cover the updates for WIFI connections. It is claimed not to give all that you require since it will not improve your whole system. It only manages the network through a Network Access Protection. It ensures that it detects black holes where traffic is lost and has security that is reliable to users. It has the latest updates with a stable health status. It doesn’t include most additional functions because Microsoft Management Console 3.0 has been gotten from Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 that manages networks and services high end and low end computers. It is only a simple routine update for Microsoft that improves the management of networks.

Pros

• It has a better protection for WIFI connection.
  • It has the latest updates and system health status is enhanced.

Cons

• It has few functionalities and no system performance.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Microsoft Windows Installer with User Agreement for Windows 2000 including XP

By Maria Bernabe

On Thursday, May 29, 2014

This new Microsoft Windows installer is a great part for my windows operating system that gives me a standard foundation for uninstalling and installing my software. It’s a good thing that the manufacturer can make their product setup use Windows Installer to have maintenance, software installation, and uninstallation easy.

I recommend that before you download this redistributable software, you must identify if you are using 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 2003 or Windows XP. This part is only for 32-bit operating system. It also can handle the application with MSI extension which implies that they were packed with an executable file for installing and configuring the software

A great update with this software is that it features fixed flaws and added features to Windows XP. I can say is that the good advantage for this full download is it can be applied to any system and it doesn’t require an Internet connection to install. I can download this Service Pack 3 and copy it to a disc or compact hard drive and use it on various PCs. Since this software is a large file, I can download Service Pack 3 on a high-speed Internet connection and update my PC in a slow rather non-existent link.

Pros

• New and enhanced functionality features for your OS
  • Avoid the difficulty of applying individual updates

Cons

• Minimum order requirement needed on your PC
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

This service pack provides a wide range of improvements and security

By Christine Diaz

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I quickly installed XP SP3 when I learned that it is already available. The important thing to remember is that you need to make sure that you installed the previous service pack before downloading Windows XP Service Pack 3. What I liked about this pack is the NAP or Network Access Protection. It secures network accesses thereby adding protection. There is also the Black Hole Router Detection Windows which I find very useful. Windows XP Service Pack can also fix a wide range of bugs. This version provided all the functions available in the earlier packs and included new features. These functions consist of handling the PC’s processes and securing the WiFi connection. The updates released by Microsoft ensure that issues involving its operating systems are handled correctly and immediately. Some users may overlook the different functions of this service pack. Consequently, it may not provide significant improvements on the PC’s system but it offers stability and security. Overall, if you have the earlier versions, better be updated and install this one as well.

Pros

• Can fix a wide selection of bugs
  • Offers a range of security fixes

Cons

• The pack offers limited functionalities
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Experience better performance of your WiFi connections by updating your system

By Jackson Mbindyo

On Monday, March 30, 2015

With an enhanced Network Access Protection, the new Windows XP service Pack is a package that will change your experience with your WiFi connections giving users all the reason to be happy. Developed by Microsoft the Service Pack 3 is specially designed for all people using the Window XP operating system. It comes with all previous patches in the previous service packs but on top comes with more improvements to include new functions which include a better secure Wi-Fi access and health system status.

While developing the service pack 3, Microsoft put in to consideration its legacy of maintaining its software to last long. The network access protection controls access to make sure that your system is always secured. Microsoft has incorporated new options regarding access and the window XP security hitches solutions. With these new update package users are assured that their traffic will always be smooth by detecting black holes and ensuring that their systems are always secure.

Pros

• • High security standard to the system
  • • Comes with improved performance as compared to competitors
  • • Incorporates all former patches hence an advantage to all users of former packages

Cons

• • Its performance has not been much improved
  • • Requires huge space to download
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: