REVIEW LIST

Windows Media Player 12

COPY,BURN AND LISTEN TO YOUR MUSICS AND AUDIOS TO DISCS BY DOWNLOADING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

By Shikoh Kariuki

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WMP is a media player for playing videos, audios and movies and it was developed by Microsoft. It also has the ability to copy and burn music to discs in playlists like MP3.this media player that was released in July 2009 is the most recent and is available for windows 7 and 8.

Windows media player 12 supports formats like AAC,3GP,MP4,MOV,AVCHID,MPEG-4 PART 2 and H.264 though it doesn’t have natural codecs.You can also synchronize your data from the PC to a portable device. With this software it will be able to enhance the adjustments and brightness. This application is able to show the current playlist, enhancement and the visualizations and it can preview music from the library. You can also browse for your music online with this app through internet explorer. The application is quite good since you will be able to listen to internet radio stations and entertain yourself. When the player is playing you can reverse, fast forward ,play, pause on real time.

It is a default media player that Microsoft has really tried to improve and the performance is quite good and it is always a must have player in my PC.

Pros

• The performance is quite good. It has user friendly services
  • It is readily available default player on MS Windows’ OS.

Cons

• It supports only media formats of Windows only
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

play your music using the windows media application as you can also burn disks

By Faith Mwari

On Monday, September 7, 2015

This is a very important windows application and the way it works. It offers tools to copy and record audio discs. You chose your data and place it on the CD. Burning the CD takes a very short time. You can also get music from CDs with only online connection. Windows media players has also a library updates to inform you on latest albums. It also offer you friendly outside connection where it will display its menu on top of the bar to chose what you want. It also offers different types of colours to customize its appearance.This application is kind of hard to use and i do not like it at all though i am using the latest version of the windows media player

FEATURES

- Has tools to copy and record audio discs

- Can burn CD very fast

- Has library updates to update you on latest albums

- Has many short cuts and hence makes work very fast

- It’s a very easy program and very efficient

CONCLUSION

This application is very vital in music industry

Pros

• you can burn a cd within few seconds
  • can split and copy audio disks

Cons

• it is very complicated for beginners
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Manage and Organize All Your Multi-Media Files in One Place

By Ivy Paloma

On Monday, May 5, 2014

I have several media players installed on my PC that I use for watching movies and playing music and have not really used Windows Media Player for a long time. I was quite surprised with this latest version when I had to use it for a project I had at that time. There is not much of a difference with version 11, except the look and design. Plus, it is actually a multimedia bundle. Aside from listening to my favorite music and watching movies and TV series, I can also view pictures, purchase music online via the Media Guide, burn CDs, rip movies, sync devices, etc. The list of available stores, when you buy music online, depends on your country. Also, if you are into Podcasts, Windows Media Player 12 has that too.

When you launch the player, not all of the options are visible on the menu at the top which makes it look cleaner, unlike other media players. There’s a Library and Playlists at the top left. Play, Burn and Sync options on the right and on the left pane, you will find the program’s other functions arranged in categories. Files can also be dragged and dropped into the library.

To date, I have all my music organized in Windows Media Player 12’s library.

Pros

• It has an intuitive and simple interface
  • You can easily manage all your media files
  • Lot of integrated tools for organizing media files

Cons

• Availability of stores in Media Guide dependent on country
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Play your songs and videos through streaming from your car to your home through media player application

By Beatrice Tan

On Friday, August 22, 2014

How can you resist using a built in media player application tool with lots of skins and supports tons of file formats? Because of my busy day schedule work schedule and my graduate studies at night, I find it difficult to look for media player application that is open source and versatile with other platforms and supports multi formats.

I tried using this built in media player application with my Windows Operating System which allows me to open MP3s, MP4s, and Flip Videos. Next amazing feature of this tool is the remote media streaming which allows me to play MP3s and MP4 streams at my desktop computers or mobile devices from other location like audio player inside the car. Another fascinating features are the smarter DVD playback, Jump Lists and song previews for 15 seconds.

The bottom line is that this media player application has evolved through time. It has now new features that you will surely enjoy like what I did. I am a real fan of this remote media streaming and smarter DVD playback. I will definitely continue to explore this tool to maximize its features.

Pros

• An extensible and rock-solid application
  • It has great psycho acoustic effects

Cons

• It has weak playback control on some file types
  • It does not handle photos
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

THIS IS A SOFTWARE TO HELP YOU TO PLAY THE MEDIA FILES AND EVEN SYNC YOUR LIBRARIES BY JUST USING YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.

By Rock Raymond

On Monday, June 15, 2015

This is a multimedia software developed by the Microsoft which allows the production of more synchronized pictures,movies and music to mobile devices through the Remote Media Streaming technology and this will all happen when you plug your device into your PC and then choose the files you want to transfer from the library provided.When you want to create a playlist with this application,you only have to search the lists which is very fast due to the improved search engine,when you finds it,drag and drop it to the windows program to begin your music compilation.

If you want to copy any information of your audio,you needs to choose the data and then place it in the CD and then burn which will take you a few minutes provided you are using this application.There is the latest version which is the Thumbnail which has simplified window player which offers the user a friendly intuitive experience and from that the users can choose between the classic or the new setup which has the menu tools arranged offering you the option to change your theme and also the color to customize the appearance of the background of your computer.

In conclusion,this application has add-on to enhance the user to listen to many radio stations online and even though this needs some special codes to play a certain file,you do not have to worry since you can get these codes online and these process will cost you absolutely nothing meaning that the process is free.

Pros

• One can get the codes to play the files for free online.
  • This is a very easy programe.
  • There is the option to add additional programs such as the effects,masks and views.

Cons

• This programe only works with the latest windows version.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Drive various Trains and Travel from one Place to Another

By Daren Garius

On Friday, August 22, 2014

It is safe to say that Train Simulator 2014 is one of the best simulations in its franchise or maybe in its category. I find its graphics very realistic as well as the sound of the train engine. Plus, the scenery is just beautiful. If you are a newbie to this game, no need to worry. The game provides a tutorial at the beginning that will help you learn and understand and the different aspects of this driving game. Also, I find its interface simple and straightforward. In addition, there are lots of different trains that you can choose. Moreover, I like that they enhanced the Career mode. It is more challenging and you can also pick extended scenarios. On the other hand, I think the only flaw of this game is that there are only three routes available. Nonetheless, this game is very entertaining and exciting especially for train enthusiasts. All in all, Train Simulator 2014 is a remarkable simulation game that provides a realistic and exhilarating gaming experience.

Pros

• It has a realistic gameplay
  • Lot of trains to choose from

Cons

• Only three routes are available
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

A media player for media fanatics, made by media fanatics

By Isay Almenanza

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This media player I used is available only in Windows 7. It supports multi format media including vulnerable songs from the library of iTunes and flip videos. It also accommodates almost all codecs, especially video formats which are found on the internet. Another feature is the improved library which supports iTunes media, except for DRM protected tracks.

This media player also has new streaming features. It is suitable for any home devices with Windows 7 operating system. It can play music and videos remotely from the road to my house.

For easy preview, this software media program I used has new playback controls and 15 seconds preview of songs for easy access to mostly played media. Another feature I experienced is the task bar mini viewer that adds assistance to Jump Lists.

Denouement of this proprietary software media app is very user friendly and the advancement to accommodate media files from iTunes.

Pros

• it supports different file formats
  • User friendly media player application

Cons

• Has rigid file or folder naming feature
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

play all the music and sync what you devices with your pc as well as burn music

By Benson Mutwiri

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Windows media player is an amazing application whose main purpose is to create a playlist and you can also use this player to play your music and videos.It is just like the vlc media player although I find vlc more advanced because it has some attractive features.

In this player you can synch devices and play music that is in those devices on your pc.For example when you connect your mobile phone with your pc they will be synched and all the music in your phone will be played on your pc.Another features is you can burn the disks here for later use.What id did not like about the windows media player is the fact that the user interface is very outdated I mean there I no graphics whatsoever but I still use it up to date.

Feature

Burn disks

Synch music across devices

Create folders and develop playlists.

Conclusion

It is a great tool to burn your music.

Pros

• you can burn your music using this
  • it is an amazing software to use

Cons

• the interce does not have any graphics at all
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12, THE SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS YOU SYNCRONIZE YOUR IMAGES

By Princess Purity

On Thursday, November 27, 2014

Is your PC operating on Windows 7 or a better version of Windows, has a RAM of more than 64MB and 200MB of free space? Then you qualify to listen to online radio stations, produce and synchronize pictures, movies, music etc through your mobile device using this new version of WMP 12. The only effort required is to attach your mobile to your PC to kick start your entertainment.

For movie lovers, one can burn and reproduce them using this app and it just takes a few minutes to do so. One can also copy files from their library into their PC and with the new features available, it is easier to user. The user can drag items to create a playlist, can save files, can view saved and unsaved list of your files. One can also search for files online if you have limited files.

Away from your home TV and need to watch a program, worry not because WMP 12 allows you to watch TV online. That means you don’t have to miss your favorite TV program.

Pros

•  It is user friendly and efficient to use
  •  It has well organized searchable environment
  •  It has well organized searchable environment
  •  One can save files from an external device into their Personal Computer.

Cons

•  It requires advanced version of Windows.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Enjoy the best in quality in music and vvideos on windows media player

By Vowcay Rwigi

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Windows Media Player 12: This is a multi media software that is designed for viewing and listening to different types of media files. It gives the user ability to view pictures , watch movies and listen to audio content from their P.C . In this new version of the media player there is a host of new features, making the user experience better and more advanced than in the earlier versions . Though you have the option of choosing between the more familiar classic setup or the new more improved setup.

The application is readily available for windows 7 and later and you have to have a RAM of 64 MB and above. It has a simple setup that easily plays the content allowing actions like reverse , fast forwarding in real time and easy formation of a music playlist and well organized libraries either name of the artist , the album, the style or genre of the media file.

The visualization options are all the range varying from waves to bars and others. I also especially like the skins and the different types available.

CONCLUSION:

The media player offers better and more user friendly services . It is readily available as the default media player on Ms Windows OS.

Pros

• You dont have to download it on to your PC as it readily available.
  • It is simple to use and operate.

Cons

• Its not compatible in early windows OS
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

A simple yet powerful and versatile multimedia software to use

By Reinalei Jamir

On Thursday, April 10, 2014

The main reason I use Windows Media Player 12 up to now is because it comes pre-installed with Windows 7. I am not meticulous regarding the improvements and changes it has compared with the new version available in the market. I was not even expecting much difference too. I utilize this program for entertainment purposes. I use it mostly for music and video streaming only. This version can support some of the most popular media types or format compared to the older versions. With the use of Windows Media Guide, I can instantly browse some online stores, download songs, view videos and listen to Internet Radio. Another thing I like about Windows Media Player 12 is that it comes with very impressive plug-ins. I find changing my WMP’s skin fun although I encountered some compatibility issues because some skins catered for older versions only. I can choose from various skins online that fits my preference. I can do almost anything by just dragging and dropping components around the WMP’s interface. The menus integrate into the interface's design and provide instant access to the Windows Media Player's main functions. I can say this software is very accessible and anybody can use it without encountering any major concerns.

Pros

• Simple and easy to use
  • It handles all media files in one place
  • Built-in support for popular audio and video formats
  • New taskbar thumbnail with playback controls

Cons

• Works only with the latest Windows version
  • It has no support for podcasts
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Organize Your Files, Play Videos and Music with This Competent Media Player

By Christine Diaz

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The reason I use Windows Media Player 12 is because it comes bundled with Windows 7 and not available as a separate and different downloadable component. It is also easy and quite simple to use. What is also interesting about this media player is, it has a built-in support for popular video and audio formats.

I also notice that the appearance of this player has changed. The layout of the toolbar and some of the control buttons are hidden, so I have a clearer view of what I am watching and if I want to look for those controls, I only have to open the drop down menu.

My experience with WMP 12 has been steady. It has a better sound, but a little bit slow. Believe me, I have tried a different player that are not as good as this software. I can still say that this media player is accessible and anybody can make use of it without encountering any major disappointments.

Pros

• The best CD-ripping and audio burning tool
  • Quite simple and easy to use

Cons

• It only works with the latest version of Windows
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Play all your audio and video files with this fantastic media player

By Lily P. Evans

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Windows Media Player 12 has been developed by Microsoft Corp. and is the latest release of this useful software. It is available from Windows 7 and later versions. It serves to play almost every kind of video and audio files, from the most known such as MP3, MP4, or WMA to others such as ACC, DivX, Xvid or MOV.

Its most noticeable new feature is “Play To", which allows you to share music and video to other computers with Windows 7, or other compatible devices. Windows Media Player 12 has also changed its appearance, but not too much. You can only see this change in the color, and the layout of the toolbar. Now, the majority of the buttons and controls are hidden, so you have no interferences when watching a movie or listening to music. If you want to use any of the buttons, you only have to open the drop-down menu.

Moreover, playing audio and video files is not the only thing you can do with this software; you can also burn and synchronize your files. The software facilitates your labor thanks to the ability of creating lists. Once you have created a list, you can decide if you play it, if you burn it to a CD or DVD or if you synchronize it with other people.

Pros

• You can play multiple audio and video files
  • You can create music and video lists
  • You can burn CDs and DVDs

Cons

• There are better players in the market
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

All Around Media Player That Has a Lot of Built-In Codecs

By Maria Bernabe

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This media player comes with codecs that are loaded to run some media formats. For video formats there are the MP4, WMV, AVI, and MOV formats. For audio formats there are the MP3, WMA and WAV formats. For some formats however, like MKV, FLV and OGG, you will need to install the required codecs for you to enable to run those file types with this WMP.

Windows Media Player 12 is included in the Windows7 pack, but it can also be used for Windows8 although there were no significant improvements in the software as accounted for by Microsoft. I don’t agree at all.

When I start to launch my media player, I figured out that the interface of this player has changed a lot. I cannot see all the option from the top menu in which it makes my media player looks neat and clean. And some features from the previous version of Windows Media Player are not included. For example, the mini-player, taskbar-integrated and advanced tag editor, which some of these are useful for other users, are not present.

Pros

• It has a lot of built-in codecs
  • It is included in the Windows installer

Cons

• Some features from the previous version are not included
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

BURN YOUR MUSIC IN ANY FORM INTO ITS MP 3 FORM

By Martin Maguna

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015

REVIEW

This is an software that I have used since vi think I was like in grade 10 though it was kept on being upgraded and now this is the latest version which is version 12 and all that it is formed to do is to burn music files but now the only limitation is that the music must be in mp3 format and also the software can also be used to view movies and also videos that is if a user has inserted a disk on the dvd rom in the computer so as to watch it so you can use the windows media player or also the vlc media player.

FEATURES

The features of this include

Used for burning up music in its mp3 form

The interface is quite flexible and also very easy to use

No graphics are there

There is a menu tool for users to get to use it easily

CONCLUSION

I think so far so good they should only upgrade the interface

Pros

• The software is very simple to use
  • One can also burn music

Cons

• the interface is very outdated
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

WMP12 Has Been Proven To Be One of the Most Convenient Tools for Managing Media Library

By Rose Sincro

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Many users of Windows are still using this Windows Media Player because they do not need to download this software just to have a player in their PC because it is pre-installed. It is included with your Windows installer and it has good features of an ideal stand alone media player that many users want.

Organizing your collections of digital media or synchronizing media files to a portable device and go online shopping for media content is very simple and easy by Using Windows Media Player 12.

One thing you must know about Windows Media Player 12 is that you can play more types of media compared to the previous version. This media player can support files like DIVX, XVID and AVI files. And it has built-in codecs supporting some common files including AVCHD, AAC, MPEG4, WMV,3GP and WMA. And if you are using Windows7 OS, you can use the mini viewer in the taskbar and the Media Player included the supports for Jump Lists.

Pros

• It is included in your Windows installer
  • Easy to use and has simple navigation system

Cons

• It doesn’t handle any photos
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: An exceptional solution to keep entertained!

By Elizabeth Tweetee

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Windows Media Player is back with minor facelift and enhanced file format support, to prevent users from migrating to third-party media players like VLC. With its built-in burn feature and automatic media import support, it stands out as an exceptional entertainment solution. Here’s my review…

I mostly use this software for wireless streaming (throw) videos on my smartphone on PC. It delivers high-quality video and audio playback over WiFi without any hassle. I haven’t seen any hanging or error as on some other players. You can utilize this facility by simply checking options under ‘stream’ drop-down list. It’s a plus point of WMP12 as most players encounter lag during such playbacks.

WMP12 handles HD videos pretty well even if video card driver is not set-up on PC. It proves the software’s efficiency. There’s no motion blur issue with this player. You can load videos of almost any resolution if your PC is adequately powerful.

Burn function on WMP12 lets you create media disks without depending on software like Nero Burning ROM. It’s a nice addition. Burning parameters like speed can be adjusted. You’re free to choose disk names.

Verdict:

Most important feature of WMP12 is that it is a part of Windows. It’s integrated with the OS and functions flawlessly without using up lion’s share of system resources. Using HD files is no more a hassle. Also, it supports a wide range of audio and video files. Overall, it’s a great player. I rate it 8.6 out of 10!

Pros

• Handles High Definition videos flawlessly
  • Hassle free streaming over WiFi networks
  • Works well even without video card driver
  • Disk burn function comes built-in

Cons

• Problems with some audio formats still persists
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

Do you want to burn CDs, watch Videos or play music? Windows Media Player 12 offers you a solution for you

By Everlyne Naliaka

On Thursday, February 12, 2015

Windows media player 12

Commonly known as WMP, is a product from Microsoft. It is the most simplified and latest window version in the market. It allows user to play music, watch video and also burn CDS. It contains amazing improved tools options that enhance both video and audio experience. Most of options have been improved like with search engine it is improved in such a way that you can create your playlist, in the playlist you can select the music you want to listen drag and drop in the window and it will automatically start to play.

I use this program mostly to download and watch music and video from different source on the internet, which is quite cheap as compared to purchasing of the original content from agents. When playing content I am allowed to choose between the setup, I can play, pause, play the previous or next or customize the appearance, I can also listen to different radio station online.

This version offers many options that will make your experience with this program wonderful; it offers quick access panel,many visual options, such as waves and bars and options to add bookmarks on your file. You don’t have to worry about the format of the media content since the program supports it.e. formats like mp3, mp4, MOV among others. It also offers improved connectivity with other external devices. You can insert your external disk on the Pc and play your media content with the program.

With the app it’s possible to arrange and organize your content based on the singer, the date the content was released, style or album. It is made available to windows 7,8 and later.

Pros

• Compatible with different formats and integrates online functions
  • Offers improved connectivity with external devices
  • Well organized and offer a user friendly environment

Cons

• For online functions you need internet bundles
  • Made compatible with latest versions only
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Windows Media Player 12

A GOOD MEDIA PLAYER THAT IS VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE

By Hande Njr

On Thursday, September 4, 2014

This is initially the default media player in all Microsoft windows operating systems which is developed by Microsoft, besides windows operating system it was also initially available for Mac OS 7 ANS X and Solaris but production was discontinued. This media player has a lot of capabilities besides the normal ones. These are; ripping of music, copying of music to CDs, burning of discs, purchase of music from online platforms and synchronizing data with other devices like mobile phones. It was made available to the public in July 2009.

Its basic interface has functions buttons like File, view, play, tools and help. Each has various task capabilities which range from simple to complex. In addition there is play, burn and sync buttons which make it easy for the user to execute tasks. A few things can be customized like the players skin and it can be set as a default player by the pc users. It has core playback and library functions, where full media organization capabilities are handled like the arrangement of music in albums, genres and dates. It supports WAV and mp3 media formats besides the normal Windows media codecs. It has a great visualizations package.

Microsoft did a good job on this product and many users will attest to it because of its performance it offers. I like its simple interface and I use it on my pc. The only downside is that it doesn’t support a lot of media formats but it usually gives an error message if the media is not supported.

Pros

• It has a simple and basic interface.
  • It has core playback and library functions.

Cons

• It does not support a lot of media formats.
  • it usually gives an error message if the media is not supported.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: