REVIEW LIST

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Absent Graphics Engine Does Not Disgruntle PES Players in PC Platforms

By Sam James

On Monday, June 8, 2015

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PES6) was released 8 years ago for PS2, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, PSP, and of course, desktop PCs. This is the 4th edition for PC platforms, but it is the first for Nintendo DS and Xbox 360. It features improved graphics although similar gameplay is noticeable even in other consoles. It has an Edit Mode which was stripped down for some console versions and according to Konami, it was because of time restrictions. Aside from these features, PC players will also notice that the game’s graphics engine does not use the Next-Gen 360 engine for Xbox 360. In another area of the game, players will notice that the top German football league Bundesliga is absent in PES6. Konami, the game’s developer, was supposed to feature Bundesliga in this version but it was eventually removed. If you love German teams, you would not be disappointed because the FC Bayern Munich team is still in the game.

Pros

• Available in many gaming consoles
  • Includes improved graphics with real-like images

Cons

• Gameplay is retained even across platforms
Playability:
Graphics:
Sound:
Multiplayer:

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Winning Eleven Takes Center Stage in the International Soccer Video Game Arena

By Daren Garius

On Monday, September 1, 2014

You’re asking why Winning Eleven? It’s because in the US, South Korea, and Japan, PES is known as the Winning Eleven video game. Now enough trivia and let’s get to business. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is marked as the first game in the PES Series to feature the International Challenge Mode. The Japanese version usually features this as a player who plays as Japan and bring the team through the qualifying rounds until they get to the International Cup and try to win it. In PES 6 however, players can choose which nation to play on the game. Players can choose from teams in Europe, South America, Asia, Central America, and North America. Before each game, PES 6 users can select teams and players as long as they have eligible nationality. In addition, even though the tournaments in PES 6 are not licensed, the qualifying rounds are almost the same as the qualification process in FIFA World Cup.

Pros

• It features the PES Shop
  • Includes more challenging ball physics

Cons

• Has no Manual Pass feature
Playability:
Graphics:
Sound:
Multiplayer:

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

An Excellent Game of Football with Better Gameplay and Realistic Movements

By Pablo Conde Ferrer

On Friday, July 25, 2014

I thought that PES 6 may appear to be just like the other past editions with no big time modifications. However, once I start playing the game, I suddenly feel the changes that make this soccer game a huge hit on the market. I noticed that the defending system has gotten much better which I find very challenging because every player is becoming aggressive and active, plus players’ movements here are more accurate and very realistic unlike the previous ones. The shooting here is a bit harder, and once the player got into a pressure situation, you will see a significant drop of accuracy and power of this shooting. Its graphics is not that attractive anymore since it is a bit outdated, but for me it is still playable with its fantastic gameplay, I am sure there are football game fanatic out there that will still enjoy playing this one. Overall, PES 6 is a brilliant soccer game that dramatically changed for the best. This game is certainly a must have.

Pros

• Players’ movements are precise and realistic
  • It has a fantastic gameplay

Cons

• Graphic is a bit outdated
Playability:
Graphics:
Sound:
Multiplayer:

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Play This Football Game and Try to Score Many Goals as You Can

By Sam James

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Although, PES 6 is a bit outdated since it was issued years ago, I still find this football game interesting and exciting. It is undoubtedly one of the finest football games that I ever played. Though its graphics is not that appealing anymore as it was almost a decade ago, there are still gamers out there that can still appreciate the beauty of this game. In my opinion, the gameplay is quite realistic, and the movements of the players are more polished than its older versions. In addition, I like that there are lots of new tricks that players can do and also they have an aggressive attacking mentality. There are also lots of licensed teams that are included in this edition, plus player’s physiques are much better and they have a new hairstyle and new boots as well. In my opinion, PES 6 is an excellent football game with realistic gaming experience and lots of intense matches. This game is maybe old but I am sure it will still entertain you.

Pros

• It has a realistic gaming experience
  • Lots of licensed teams are available

Cons

• The game is a bit old
Playability:
Graphics:
Sound:
Multiplayer: