REVIEW LIST

Serato DJ 1.7.8 Build 4609

Serato dj is one of the products that bring virtual djying into reality

By Frank Kanyua

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Serato dj is one of the products that bring virtual djying into reality as it mostly supports mixing without having to use a mixing deck. though at some instant for clearity and simplicity a deck is required.

The software at hand will allow you to mix, choose songs and place them in a qeue, add special effects, stop and cut songs among other features. The interface is also very easily designed to offer a non complex environment for starters and even proffesionals. As you keep on learning to use the software you will discover other major tweaks in the product itself. Experimental plugins are also available but mostly from third party vendors.

The software itself is very classic as it gives a cool environment to use with non lag audio output. A few tests can prove to you that serato is among the top rank of the virtual dj world. Other products are vitual dj, acid pro, deckadance and others.

The serato mixer can display various interface but this changes with the type of screen resolution you have, just like when you have a wide screen of 1280 by 1040 with virtual dj, you can get upto six decks from the default two.

Even with serato you can change this, the default is of audio bars and after changing it you can get decks with bars and so on. but most of this are experimental since i havent tried it with different computers.

CONCLUSION

The serato dj is very good as it brings some tech reality into your music mix. offers an easier solution to beginners and for advanced users, has a display tray for all the songs you have played and the ones on qeue. This is a very good product i8f you dont have a mixing deck yet.

Pros

• It is free but some plugins have to be paid for.
  • Is easy to learn for beginners

Cons

• Lacking a deck could prove some of the use hard
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

Create your virtual projects and mix your sound with multiple controllers

By Pablo Conde Ferrer

On Friday, July 18, 2014

I love this program because it is different and more attractive compared to other mixing audio software out there. Personally, it is definitely the ideal program for DJs and music lovers who want to feel free living a virtual DJ experience. With this software, you don’t have to worry if you do not own a professional controller. You only need your keyboard and mouse to get the same professional output. This program can support a wide range of controllers. It has a list which grows as new updates and versions are constantly released. It has a quite perplex and complicated interface. Good thing its intelligent distribution makes the program a suitable application to many users out there. Also, it provides loads of useful tutorials to guide all the beginners on their first project after downloading the program. Well, if you like music and you're dreaming to become a professional Dj someday, then, this software is for you. You should check it out.

Pros

• Allows mixing with 4 different decks
  • Possibility of sharing your virtual projects

Cons

• This software is quite complicated
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

This fabulous program is not only for professionals but aspiring DJs as well

By Sam James

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015

There are many things to like about this awesome program. It is not only for professional but also for aspiring and amateur DJs as well. You can use it on your performances or even in small events with your family and friends. The user interface has been enhanced for an organized and better performance. They also added the Sync and Snap to Beatgrids features. Another thing that I love about this program is the option to change the color of the tracks that I am playing. Before, the only option available is the color grey. Now, they have added bright blue which is better. Personally, I like the latter color since it is more clear and visible. Before, I had issues with the stability of this program. Good thing they were able to address this concern immediately. Overall, I am satisfied with the features and developments done on this program. And since it is compatible with different devices, you will never go wrong with this software.

Pros

• Option to not use the Sync option
  • Choose from two colors on played tracks

Cons

• Some may encounter occasional crashes
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: