REVIEW LIST

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

PLAYING YOUR MUSIC,VIDEOS AND AUDIOS USING THE SIMPLE VLC MEDIA PLAYER

By Shikoh Kariuki

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Vlc media player 2 is mainly for various platforms like android, IOS, windows. With all these devices you can easily download Vlc in order to play music, watch videos and audio from the internet. You can also use your computer using this application to watch TV live using HD quality. It also supports various input formats like MPEG,AVI,MP4,3GP,NAV among others.vlc is very interesting because when you’re watching videos you can take snapshots and save them .the interface has clear buttons that are well labeled to know what to use in order to view quality images and get the perfect audio.ive used vlc for as long as I’ve known to use the PC that came before the smart phones and ipads but I’ve never missed to have it in my device since I can use it in all forms of multimedia. I would highly recommend for this application since it is the best to use when it comes to watching videos and listening to music.

Pros

• It can be used for video streaming.
  • It can be used for local and online media playback.
  • It works with TV cards.

Cons

• It has a high rate of crushing.
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

This is a very powerful video player that your computer needs

By Frank Kanyua

On Thursday, November 27, 2014

Vlc is a video and audio player which has for long been many peoples favourite. The player is very simple to use and supports many audio and video formats. The player can support 1080 pixels unlike other players which have a limited of 720 pixels. The vcl player also has multiple supports for audio files..

Its installation process was made user friendly after the complains that people kept confusing themselves on how to use it.. Now its more clear and very easy to use.

HOW TO INSTALL:

first unzip the file or run the exe file as administrator to avoid any errors. You will receive a welcome message to the setup wizard, then be prompted to press next.

second if you had a broken file during the installation you will be asked add, remove or reinstall components and another message asking you to uninstall vlc.. choose the first one and click on next.

you will be asked to check the components you want to install, if you dont know which files will work best for you, select all of them and click next

The installation process will begin and will take around two minutes to fully complete. just relax and wait

After the installation is done a notification will appear asking you whether you want to run vlc.. If you want to run it immediately just check on the box and click finish.

CONCLUSION

While testing vlc i used the movie big bucks bunny which has multiple video formats. This is the best movie to test video players since it will give you the exact players which can support different files.. I just tested with the traillers and when a video player does not support a file it will pop a message saying file not readable are error reading file.

Pros

• it is user friendly .
  • has clear video display .
  • supports multiple video formats .

Cons

• advaced settings require some extent knowledge
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

A SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE MEDIA PLAYER FOR ALL TYPES OF MEDIA

By Hande Njr

On Thursday, September 4, 2014

I use this player often to play music or videos in different formats. There is one feature that excites me and I haven’t seen on other players is that around Christmas time the interface of the player has a Santa claus cap on the VLC icon. It is simply a great media player used for playing most of audio and video formats. It is available for various platforms; Windows, iOS, Linux, and android among others. It is available in many languages and is very small (22mb) for windows users. It is easy to install and it will always notify you if there are any updates or upgrades when they come up.

It has custom skins which one can change to their liking; it can be used with other programs or plugins. It was started as an academic project. It has eight basic functions on the upper side of its interface, which each has a dropdown list with various tasks execution capabilities these are; media, playback, audio, video, subtitle, tools, view and help. These functions will help the user do a lot ranging from simply opening a media file from a location in the computer to complex tasks like adjustments and effects. On the lower part of the program interface are ten buttons; Play, previous, stop, next, toggle, extended settings, random, toggle playlist, repeat and the volume button.

The basic appearance of this player makes it easy to use, and the fact that you can drag and drop your media on the player. It is a great product and it is free of charge thus you can download it and install it on your device.

Pros

• It has a simple and basic interface.
  • It has a lot of functions.

Cons

• It crashes a lot of times.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

For streaming,Video playing VLC Media Player offers the solution you are Looking for.

By Shek Sheknah

On Thursday, December 11, 2014

VideoLAN Client (VLC) media player is a free and wonderfully easy to use video player that helps users to replicate and or covert all media files on computer. Its performance is superb when one has windows 7, Xp and or IOS. For any kind of video and music no matter the format, I have used VLC Media player. On my computer, the VLC media player has been compatible with my Window 7 and gives me high quality streaming. It is also compatible with XP. It can play different video formats like MPEG-1,2 &4, DivX, WMV files and supports audio plating like MIDI, MP3, WMA among many others.

If one has dual audio, it is possible to select audio channel, adjust preferences, brightness and contrast. The user can chose the perfect way of watching videos by setting the required filters and select the play button. Interestingly when watching videos, one can take snapshots and save them. I have had fun in recording music from standard microphone and the volume is adjustable to 200% though this may distort one’s sound.

With my smart phone, I use VLC Media Player to watch TV which comes out with quality. The VLC media player 2.2.0 is for IOS7 with capability to stream and play videos from Google Drive and Dropbox. Other features are better organized chapter series, new codecs support, protocols and formats and use of lock code to protect library.

Pros

• It is compatible with other programs
  • Provides a very simple interface
  • Avails an open source media player

Cons

• It has a High rate of crushing
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

VLC is one of the best media players on the market

By John Zed

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015

VLC is a free and open-source media player, with it you can play the mayority of video and music files without needing to install separate codecs, since VLC does it for you. It features fully customizable hotkeys that makes very easy to use. It supports internet streaming to listen to online radio stations or watch videos online without the need to download them beforehand, and it lets you create bookmarks for your favorite online radio stations. You can also create basic playlists with the music in your computer.

In addition to the standard playback controls, VLC lets you slowdown the video, watch it frame by frame, adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and gamma, and synchronize audio and video. It also supports subtitles through srt files, which you can customize by changing where they are shown, the color or the font. With VLC you can play DVD videos but the program lacks the ability to play Blu-ray titles.

Pros

• No external codecs required to work
  • It has excellent playback quality

Cons

• It doesn't support Blu-ray discs
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

Your home cinema is ready to shine with this fantastic cone

By Will Terry

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I remember that computer age when you needed to install a codec in order to play a video you get from a friend or from a DVD. With VLC Media Player all that now belongs to the past since it plays any file I tried without a problem. This audio and video player has become very handy since all the basic functions that other applications could offer are included in this as well. Additionally, since it is an open source program, the community around it tries to keep it updated with new features and functions, collaborating with the official developers.

VLC is more than it can be expected, I can use it not only for my local videos but I can also play streaming videos. With the new browsers some people may think that this is not necessary, but counting with a good audio configuration and my own made settings for VLC, video and audio looks simply great.

The thing I think I like the most is the high number of features the application grants. The first time I tried it I thought that other player were much better than the simple cone application, but I couldn’t be more wrong. VLC can manage your videos, songs, and play online radio stations, all of this without taking into account the advanced functions it hides. Take a look at this application and discover a new way to play your multimedia files.

Pros

• It plays all the files you need
  • Support for video and audio streaming
  • Advanced configurations and functions included
  • High resolution formats are well-played

Cons

• It can’t play Blu-ray discs at the moment
  • It can have some issues with the performance
  • Interface too simple for most users
  • I had some issues with the sound sometimes
Usability:
Performance:
Guides-manuals:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

play all your videos and audio and have the best and cool experience whatsover

By John Joe

On Monday, November 2, 2015

Play the videos or audios that you have with the vlc media player and enjoy yourself.Vlc media player has been in use since time immemorial and now they have a new version that has some improved and awesome features. It has a very outdated but simple interface that has the following icons media, playback, audio, and video and depending on what you want to play you can just select the icon that you want to use. It has a help feature that is you cannot get what is in the interface you can click on the help button and then get answers to what you are looking for. When you play a video with the vlc media player 2.2.1 it is ok but the clarity is not that all so in some places you will see some blurred images but all in all it is good.

Features

It has a simple interface.

A user can increase the volume very high up to 200 percent.

There is a help button and you can ask for help where needed.

Verdict

Good for playing you music as well as videos.

Pros

• there is a help icon ina case you have difficulties
  • it is very simple to operate

Cons

• the graphics are not that all
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

VLC Media Player: The ultimate player to enjoy any media without any hassle!

By Elizabeth Tweetee

On Monday, July 21, 2014

There are a number of multi-format media players available on internet, at different prices and facilities. But still the world use VLC for local and online media playback. Because, VLC is found to be the most reliable, stable and efficient media player ever created.

VLC media player lets you enjoy videos and audios of a wide range of formats including Bluray without compromising quality. You can use this player as a web player or television if you have TV tuner card installed on the device. User Interface is a bit old-school model, but still ensures ease of use. Also, there are a number of languages supported by the player.

VLC media player can perform all tasks that a heavy media player do, at no cost. It supports a number of languages other than English. A wide range of formats is also supported by the player. Definitely, it is the best one to satisfy all your needs.

Pros

• Supports wide range of formats
  • Can work with TV tuner cards
  • Bluray playback is supported in latest version
  • Multiple languages including chinese are supported

Cons

• Old school model user interface
  • Bugs are experienced on autoplay
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

Play Your Music and Video Files with This Flexible Media Player

By Christine Diaz

On Monday, May 5, 2014

VLC Media Player is probably one of the best media players out there. What I like about it is that it can play almost all media files of any format that other players cannot. I would say it is top notch when it comes to stability. The latest version is even better. It decodes faster, allows me to play my BluRay and high definition videos and the new interface looks good too. For some players, you need to download a codec file so that the program can read your files. But with VLC Media Player, it is already equipped with the most popular codecs and even other unusual formats. I also use it for previewing files that I am downloading in a different program.

Aside from the normal functions of VLC, there is also an integrated service called Channels. I have tried this and it is good that I can choose from a list of different channels and start video streaming. I also downloaded the available skins so I can change its look whenever I want to. Playing with the different menu options such as Media, Playback, Audio, Video, Subtitle, Tools and View allows me to make changes and customize it to my liking. VLC is not only good for playing music and video playback, but it has many useful functions and not difficult to use.

Pros

• Various file formats are supported
  • It has an integrated streaming service
  • Lightweight and easy to use

Cons

• Very basic and simple interface
  • Some minor bugs and glitches
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

An all around media player that can play different formats into several platforms

By Beatrice Tan

On Friday, August 22, 2014

I usually browse tutorial videos, movies and TV series over the internet and I find it difficult to watch videos online. I usually encounter buffering and intermittent connection.

I found this open source video application software that allows me to play several multimedia formats in my personal computer and laptop. I can watch my favorite videos in an instant through this program's perceptive graphical user interface. This video application tool can also be installed in different operating system's like MAC, Windows or Linux. I experienced the most breakthrough development can be found in MAC operating system which allows me to play Blu-ray formats . Another cool feature of this video program tool is that it adds backing for VLC's lua based extension files. This extension file assists different bilateral features such as information of movies, subtitles and even twitter posts.

To sum it all up, this free video program tool is the most well known, compatible with different platform, in various format, and an all around media player that can open many types of video formats.

Pros

• It has a Wiki help support
  • It has perceptive control tools
  • It is an open source app

Cons

• It has inconsistent interface with different platforms
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

A very remarkable application, loads and plays anything and everything

By Reinalei Jamir

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Every time I watch movies or any TV show on my desktop or even on my mobile device, I always use VLC Media Player. This media player is very flexible because it is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, and on mobile devices that makes it even better.

Also, one of the satisfying things about this media player is that it can play almost every media codec and video format file such as MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV and many more. What I also like about this application is that I can put a subtitle on the videos that I am watching. This program is free, but in mobile devices you have to purchase some additional features for you to have the best quality of this application.

I think VLC media player is one of the best media player. It is very simple and yet powerful application. It is a brilliant alternative to the built-in player. It loads and plays promptly without any hassles. The videos are very clear with exceptional definition.

Pros

• Can play everything without any codecs
  • Simple and easy to use

Cons

• The audio can be distorted at some times
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

Watch and Listen to Various Multimedia Types with this Powerful Tool

By Ivy Paloma

On Thursday, April 10, 2014

On my free time, I am fond of watching tv series or movies using my PC. Though there are several media players to choose from, I only stick to VLC Media Player. This media player was developed by VideoLAN Organization and through the years, they made sure that they update and fix issues with the previous version to maintain their top status in the market. This application comes handy when you want to play movies, video clips or music files. It can manage and play various formats like FLAC, AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV and many more.

With other media players that I tried before, there are instances where it will crash when I am in the middle of watching a movie. I never had this problem when I use VLC Media Player. Aside from the fact that it is free, it is also compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, Windows 2000 and even IOS which makes it even better.

Its simplicity and stability are just some of the factors why I like this media player. I have not tried playing music with this application but in case I do, I believe I will not encounter any problems whatsoever. Though I have not fully utilized all of its functionalities, the fact that it suits my needs is more than enough for me.

Pros

• It is available as free download
  • It can play different formats
  • Its functions are easy to use
  • Has organized and simple interface

Cons

• Not as user-friendly like other players
  • Some options may confuse beginners
  • Cannot decode Indeo Video 4/5 format
  • Maybe difficult for first-time users
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

Everything you need to play your audio and video files in just one software

By Adam Nikki

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014

VLC Media Player is one of the most useful video players of the market. The great advantage of this software is that it can play almost every kind of video file, from the most known such as MP4, or AVI to other less common like MOV or FLV. In addition, you can use it like a music player since it also reads many audio files. However, the most noticeable features are that it is completely free. You don't have to pay anything when you download it, and it is constantly upgrading to add new formats, and better quality.

Even though VLC is quite simple to use, you can do much more that what you think. You can also change the format of a video or audio file into another you want, record your voice if you have a microphone or even retouch the audio like if you were a DJ. Moreover, what I've found as the most useful of this software is that you can set the volume to 200%. This is very useful since lots of content you download have a low volume, and if you don't have speakers it is very difficult to listen to, and even if the sound distorts a bit, you can listen to your files quite well.

Pros

• It supports several audio and video files
  • You can set the volume to 200%

Cons

• Sometimes, the audio can be a bit distorted
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

THIS IS A TOOL WHICH YOU CAN USE TO RUN ALL THE OTHER TOOL OF THE MEDIA PLAYER.

By Rock Raymond

On Monday, June 15, 2015

This is an open video player which works well with Windows 7,x p and i OS and can produce all kind of media files on your computer or devices.It can produce all your videos no matter what kind of format they are in since they works in the philosophy of Video LAN.This media player can also produce music and also the download is so easy and since it is compatible with the Sop Cast,it will allow you device to run smoothly for your own movies which are of the high quality due to the presence of the streaming videos.

This video player after producing your videos,it can convert them to the format that you likes since you only selects the bit rate and the type of the file and that is all with you conversion of the video and you can also select the audio channel if your video is dual audio and also has the option of setting subtitles in s r t format.If you want to configure the ideal way of watching your videos,you have to set the filters that you want and then press the play button.

V L C can also stream videos and audio from the internet since all you have to do is to connect yourself to a broadcast channel and enjoy all world multimedia contents and you can also watch TV if you can connect to a link and watch in your computer in a H D quality.The good thing also is that you have the chance to download the multimedia signal without struggling a lot.

Pros

• One can download multimedia signals very fast.
  • You can transcode your videos.
  • It has the ability of taking the snapshots.
  • You can even add the video effects.

Cons

• This media player is sometimes unstable.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

Reproduce all your media files on your computer or device using VLC Media Player

By Reka Gimbi

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015

VLC Media Player is a software especially for Windows 7, XP and also iOS used to reproduce media files of all types and formats on the computer. It produces high quality streaming videos and movies, thanks to its compatibility with good programs like SopCast. To reproduce videos and convert into preferred format, you just select the bitrate and file type. More to that you can take screen shots and configure a shortcut for it. In the case of a dual audio video, you can select the audio channel. The features of audio are normal and music sampling. To configure your best way of watching your video you have options to set subtitles, check video options to change visuals, set filters and then click the play button. In the music and streaming the audio features allows you to record sound from a microphone, and also set volume to 200%. It can also stream video and audio from the internet and here you can download a multimedia signal by connecting to a broadcast channel link.

VLC Media Player is a software which recommended since it is free and reproduces audio and video and streaming music and also do all the entertainment with it.

Pros

• Can play videos stored in Google Drive and Dropbox.
  • Compatible to multiple video formats.
  • Ability to protect the Library with a lock code.

Cons

• Can be a bit complicated to newbies.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

The wonderful media player that allows you play all your media files using it: VLC media player

By Jackson Muoka

On Monday, June 1, 2015

If you like listening to any media from your computer or smart phone including videos and audios this is a media player I would recommend for you. With this media player you will be assured that you will watch your movies, your videos and listen to your wonderful audios with so much comfort and very clearly. What makes VLC a wonderful media player is the number of formats of media files that it supports and on top it is compatible with many Windows Operating Systems.

VLC Media Player is open source and is free for download. Besides playing your media content this media player will also reproduce your videos making it even better. Users can also convert their videos to any format they wish and can also take and configure screenshots. Besides doing all the above wonderful things VLC Media Player can also record sound from a standard microphone and can also stream videos and audios directly from the internet.

Pros

• • This Media Player support numerous files formats
  • • it is compatible with a variety of window OS

Cons

• • only available for windows operating systems
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

One of the best tools to play any multimedia file you need

By Ellie Teller

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015

VLC Media Player is a program that allows you to play any kind of media file, audio or video. Even though there are loads of media players out there to choose from, VLC Media Player has some unique features that set it apart from its competitors. First off, it is capable of playing any format you can imagine, as it comes with a huge amount of pre-installed codecs to ensure it doesn’t get caught off guard.

Other cool thing about this program is its ability to convert a file into another format you desire. Besides, it allows you to take screenshots of a video file by pressing a button and set subtitles (in srt format). Moreover, you can connect VLC Media Player to any broadcast channel you desire and stream video and audio from the Internet easily. All in all, one of the most complete multimedia players out there. Worth trying.

Pros

• It plays almost any format you desire
  • It can also convert files into another formats

Cons

• This tool hasn’t major cons, it’s a good one!
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

The Most Commonly Used Tool for Playing All Types of Video and Audio Formats

By Rose Sincro

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

VLC Media Player is a free software that can play different file formats and supports different file compression techniques, audio and video formats, video and audio streaming, video CDs and DVDs. Recently, VLC has undergone some improvements. With the updated version, VLC now contains a host of new features.

There are so many existing versions of VLC Media Player that are available for download. It will depend on what particular operating system you are using. Nonetheless, VLC can run with different kinds of operating system like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and many more. It is a very flexible video and audio player.

VLC Media Player is not the only alternative way of having a free video player, but in my case it is one of the best video players I’ve ever had. Along with the development of this program, VLC still offers a strong support for a large range of audio and video formats. This program is not only a simple media player that you can play everything in, but it can also be used as a video capture device.

Pros

• Complete tools for video converting
  • It has user friendly settings

Cons

• The sound delays a bit when pausing
  • A bit complicated to manage
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

The Jack Of All Trades of Media Players and One of the Most Famous Players for Multimedia Content

By Maria Bernabe

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

VLC Media Player 2.1.3 is maybe one of the top media players right now. It plays almost everything and anything that you want. The latest version of this program is even better. The control buttons are intuitive and the playback works very well regardless of what source is being played.

This program is very competent and flexible. What I also find about this software is that you can set the volume up to 200%. This is very advantageous since some of the files that you have downloaded might have a moderate volume, and if you do not have speakers it is painful to listen to.

VLC Media Player might be troublesome at first, but it can deal with almost every video and audio file you toss at it. And as with any open source program, there are benefits and flaws for using this software, but if you just like to play video, music and stream on your desktop or any mobile devices without dilemma, this program is a good quality choice.

Pros

• Plays every video format without any problem
  • This program is very versatile

Cons

• Player might be troublesome to use at first
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

VLC Media Player 2.2.4

CONVERT SOME OF THE VIDEO FORMATS INTO AUDIO AND ENJOY YOURSELF

By Martin Maguna

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015

REVIEW

This is just another form of converting some of the video formats or also audio format and it is downloaded from the internet in that when you download a certain video you can either decide to view it using the vlc media player mode which for me I think it’s the best and this is because the images here are more clearer and also the sound that is the volume is also very good as you can be able to increase it up to 200 percent. Also maybe you are viewing some video content on your computer you can also decide to view it using the windows media player format or also using the vlc media format for me which I think using the vlc mode is the best mode.

FEATURES

The features of the vlc media payer include

Clearer videos available

A higher volume is also available

CONCLUSION

I think the graphics should be improved upwards and I think that is all for me nothing else.

Pros

• The volume is very great
  • The graphics are a bit good

Cons

• it is not available in some formats
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: