REVIEW LIST

Internet Download Manager 6.26 Build 2

THE BEST INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER TO MAKE YOU DOWNLOAD SPEED 100% FASTER

By Frank Kanyua

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014

REVIEW

The idm short for internet download manager,is one of the extensions which fuses with your browser,inorder to give you a faster abality to download large files in a short period of time.Idm works mainly by dividing the large file,if in gb into smaller kb or mb sizes.If 1gb takes approximately 1hour to download and 250mb take 10 minutes to download,idm will sort your download in partitions of 200mb by 5 or 250mb by 4 hence giving you 40minutes for the whole file to complete downloading.Smaller mb sizes take seconds to download 20mb take 10seconds to download.Idm is greatly used for slow internet connection.Under 3g or 4g connection idm will seem as if the mbps are above 10..In reality there is nothing like 20mb per second.Do the math and youll figure that out.Idm also has the ability to rip videos from the internet and start downloading them.It also has the ability to pause any download if the connection is lost and resume once the connection has been found.Not all downloads can be resumed once lost,some will have to restart from the beginning.like apk and some videos.Idm also has a qeue option,where you can select different downloads and put in a comand on how you want them to download and at what intervals.

Before the download starts idm asks you to specify where you want the download to be stored.The download storange is usually.Computer>Local Disk (C:)>User>(computer name)>Downloads...However you can still change this and specify any other section you want,this can be done by going to the options menu on idm,then on save to.You can also select to disable or enable the ask me where to save mode still on the options"save to".Idm also has a sorting capability where if two file of the same name are to be downloaded,it notifies you and asks you wether to download both files or eliminate one.

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

Since idm is only an extension it works according to the browser you have and not the system.

50mb free hdd space.

minimum 256mb ram.

CONCLUSION

If youre download speed is slow,instead of trying to tweak your mode of connectivity or even trying to change the registry files use idm.If idm is not what you are looking for.See also fileget,eagle get try also downloading using torrents.If the problem persists,try to clear space on you pc and get higher ram memory.If this doesnt work force 3g on your modem or router.(but be cautious 3g force is only to be done by experts.if you have any questions contact me or comment below)

Pros

• The download speed is increased
  • The trial period is enough for an overview

Cons

• idm is only a trial version and needs agenuine key
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

MANAGE WHAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE INTERNET AND GET A RELIABLE SPEED TO BROWSE WITH

By Shikoh Kariuki

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It is faster to use internet download manger software to download rather than using internet without this software. It partitions itself into bits that will allow you to download faster. Internet downloader can be integrated to Microsoft internet exporer, opera, google chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Idm can pause what you’re downloading if the internet is slow or no connection and resumes once connection comes back. But still download can be lost at times since it restarts from the beginning when connection is lost. It saves the file you were downloading once there is an internet disconnection due to power outages, lost comnnection, unexpected power outages among others.

Once a download is complete IDM is complete it hangs up or shuts down your PC.it ensures that whatever you download from the internet is protected from viruses. When downloading idm is quite reliable because it shows the time it will take to download. In case you download two files of the same name this software will notify you and ask you on whether to delete one. It is a good software to use for those who, like using fast internet.

Pros

• The download speed is fast.
  • It can resume downloads once they have been interrupted

Cons

• It is quite complicated for beginners.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

THE SOLUTION TO COMPUTER VIRUSES, FAST DOWNLOADS AND FAST INTERNET SPEED

By Angel Angeles

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Do you spend hours waiting for downloads to complete? Internet download manager could be your best solution. It fuses with your browser and downloads large files within a very short period of time. For those who like serving the net am sure you will agree with me that downloading files and games are some of the things one cant fail to do. IDM shows the user the progress of their downloads, that is, complete or even the percentage of completion. While downloading it shows the user the size of the file hence helping one know whether the memory capacity remaining in their device is enough to save the files. Idm also shows a list of all pending downloads.

If you download large files and games and your internet connection is slow it won't hurt to try idm for it reduces your download time for the speed is relatively high. In the option button one can configure how it works and its also very easy to download it and install it in ones machine. For those whose internet speed is high they donot need idm for the main purpose of this software is to increase internet speed.

Pros

• Enhances the speed of internet
  • it is very easy to use

Cons

• Can only be used by those whose internet speed is slow.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Download anything as long as the trial version is active

By Jane Middleburg

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I’ve tried this application as long as the trial version let me, and I must say that helped me with the files I wanted to download. The cool thing is that it gives you a boost for your usual downloading speed even if you’re using a firewall, but in case of using this firewall the speed is still frustrating. The tool of the application that I used the most was the grabber because allowed me to get files from the websites I wanted, videos and music included. It is secure and easy to use, it detected a couple Trojans from a file that I wanted to download from other website and stopped immediately the process.

There’s no much more to say, but that it would be better if there would be an unlimited free version instead of a trial. I’m sure that if the developers would offer this software without limitations and then release a premium IDM they would be very successful. The program is very good and I recommend trying it, but if you want to download other program completely free maybe you can try Flashget, which is not a trial.

Pros

• It boosts all your downloads
  • Audio and video files grabber
  • Good performance in every aspect
  • Manage your downloads easily with the scheduler

Cons

• There are good and free alternatives
  • The Interface could be better
  • The trial could be longer
  • Not as intuitive as it should be
Usability:
Performance:
Guides-manuals:
Interface:

Boost your download speed by up to 5 times faster

By Isay Almenanza

On Monday, April 7, 2014

I could exactly remember the first time I used Internet Download Manager or IDM as many avid users would call it for downloading games for my own leisure. I was totally awed by the improvements and modifications made for this software version. Nearly everyone I know use IDM for increasing their download speed, well, in fact, there are still many benefits we can get while using the software. Have you ever experienced being disconnected to the internet or any interruption that leads your computer to shutdown itself while in the middle of downloading a huge file? I am in a great distress when this happens. Sounds like I am ranting but this is how I grasped the benefit I could get from IDM. The software will automatically restart the process to where it was interrupted. The internal process of splitting and saving a single file download, as it is being transferred, is very interesting. Once the download is done, it will automatically combine the several file downloaded into the original file. There is still a lot of fascinating features of this software that I have not discovered yet, it may be very technical but nevertheless, this software made an exceptional difference with my downloading activities.

Pros

• It has a Resume Download Capability
  • It is the easy way to download videos and stuff
  • It has a variety of options for saving files
  • It can prioritize download speed

Cons

• It only has 30-day trial
  • All bandwidth is used when downloading at full speed
  • It does not contain a built-in video converter
  • It does not support torrent downloads
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

download internet download manager and see your download speeds increase by five times

By Abraham Lincon

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016

what internet download manager does is that it increases your download speeds uo t five times more and it does not depend on whether you are you are downloading an audio,videos or a file all that it matters is whether it is a download or not.it is ble to do this because it split all the downloads into five sections and then all this sections they will download with the same speeds and very high speeds for that matter.Even on youtube wherever there is avideo this icon of idm just pops and asks you whether you want to download that video with idm and if you say yes then the download will start there and then.idm offers a trial version but there is a paid version which is going to expire after 30 days that is after the trial version has already been installed.What i hate about idm is that those very many pop up messages keep on coming informing you that you are using a fake idm serial number

Pros

• it has very fast download speeds
  • it works very efficient and is very reliable

Cons

• there is a trial version and after 30 days you have to buy
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

A Safe Multipart Downloading Tools for Boosting Your Download Speed

By Maria Bernabe

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I was totally shocked when I used the Internet Download Manager for first time. What happened was, I was downloading large files that I needed, but it only took a few minutes without the stress of waiting for all my downloads to be done. What’s more, this program can restore your download where it was interrupted from its previous session.

IDM has a simple and clean interface. It is neatly organized. Exploring this program is very simple and very efficient with its large button and clean layout. With Internet Download Manager, you can just drag and drop the link of your chosen video from the web site going to the download list of this program. It is easy to use and manage.

Internet Download Manager’s configuration is not a big deal because all the option settings of this program are so easy to understand. If you are having problems with IDM and you need some extra information, you can check their help file for more details.

Pros

• It has a clean interface
  • It will accelerate your download speed

Cons

• Maximizing your bandwidth is not a good feature
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

A tool that manages, categorizes, and accesses files at the main interface

By Rose Sincro

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Nowadays with the use of cloud technology, almost all my files and documents can now be accessed through the internet. I can download mp3s, videos, documents, spreadsheets, presentation slides and many more anytime and anywhere. With all of these, it is very difficult to organize, manage and categorize all of them.

I encountered this software application tool that resolves my files and documents organization, management and categorization concerns. This tool manages my downloaded files and documents from the internet and categorizes and organizes them as what I deemed it to be. I can even access my downloaded document immediately from the interface of the software application tool.

This tool allowed me to download my short videos at an instant. It even identifies a downloadable file from a website I accessed and then inserts a download button to the web page. Lastly, this tool has a help topic tool that gives answers to the vague features I encounter to the program.

Without further adieu, this tool will surely help you speed up your downloaded files.

Pros

• Very fast downloading of short videos
  • It has a browser integration tool
  • It has a help topic tool for clarification purposes
  • This software application tool is for free

Cons

• A not so user friendly interface
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

DOWNLOAD ANYTHING YOU WANT IN STYLE WITH THE INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER 6.21

By Hande Njr

On Monday, September 1, 2014

The internet can be used to do a lot of things, which are real time. Downloading is a functionality that almost every user of the internet does whenever they are using the internet. Normally you can download anything from the internet without software’s, but it is faster and easier when using the internet download manager software.

It is easy to download the application and install it in your computer. It is easy to configure how it works from its options button. So you can easily download anything and it is saved automatically into your computer at a preferred destination. It shows you all the categories of downloads thus; the finished, unfinished whether they are documents, programs videos or music.

It shows you the file name, size, whether the download is complete or not, and the time left if it is not complete. Its work rate is normally tied to the internet speeds and file sizes. People with high internet speed may not need the internet download manager, especially if they are used to downloading directly from the internet.

Pros

• It notifies you when the downloads are complete.
  • it shows you the pending downloads.
  • it is easy to configure how it works from its options button.
  • it shows you the file name and the file sizes as they download.

Cons

• people with high internet speeds may not need it because they can download directly.
  • it is normally tied to the internet speeds and file sizes.
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

100% Speed to download files with this improved internet software

By Reka Gimbi

On Monday, September 1, 2014

This is a software used to download files from the internet and its

speed of downloading is very high. Its work process is very hign such

that when you stop the download abruptly or if power goes off before

the download is over, it restarts when power resumes.

Internet download manager can be combined with some internet browsers

like opera mini, mozilla firefox and some other internet browser. It

is a bit complicated to use but i like it very much because of its

anti virus which protects one online due to the much phishing done

online these days.

Internet download manager has a lot of developments and one being an

improved tool bar. On the tool bar there are very many options one of

them being the resume icon which you check after a power interruption

or a pause. It also has a tell a friend icon where you can inform your

online friends or facebook friends of IDM. It also has a options icon

and you can select what you want the IDM to do for you by clicking on

it. Games are also downloaded using IDM.

Pros

• Very fast and effective to use
  • A very developed tool bar
  • Ability to restart a file after a pause or power interruption

Cons

• A bit complicated to use for beginners
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

INCREASING YOUR DOWNLOADING SPEED BY USING THE INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER

By Jackson Muoka

On Friday, June 5, 2015

Internet is one of the main sources of information and content that people use every day. People are spending hours over the internet downloading games and other files including videos. Sometimes downloading some files takes very long spells of time to download but here comes a wonderful software that will speed up the downloading speed of all your downloads. Internet Download Manager is software that increases the downloading speed by up to five times meaning users down their contents and files more quickly.

This software allows users to reschedule when to start or continue downloading. In case of connection problems including unexpected power outages and computer shut downs it ensures that users downloads will never be affected and will restart the downloading process once the problem is resolved.

IDM segments the file that is being downloaded and saves the part that is already saved without affecting the quality of the final product and this increase the download speed.

Pros

• • The power to segment files and save downloaded files makes it very fast.
  • • Resuming of downloading process even in case of power interruptions.

Cons

• • It slows down the speed of operating system
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Internet Download Manager is the perfect tool to manage your downloads

By Stephanie Jackson

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Internet Download Manager is a download manager that serves to increase the download speed even a 500% and restart and schedule downloads. The software is very useful since it has many features such as the ability of recording video content from a web page. The program is very well integrated with Windows and with the most well known browsers (Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).

One of it strongest features is the ability to resume a download from which it was stopped. It can also create multiple connections with the server for the same file: This way, it significantly increases the download speed.

It is very easy to use since you only have to drag and drop the link of the video from a web page to the download list. Once the link is captured, the software automatically does everything. In addition, it offers advices every time you run the program, and every download it organized in files, so everything is organized at your will. The only drawback is its interface. It can be very useful, but it has a Windows 95 appearance that makes the program seem outdated.

Pros

• It allows you to schedule the downloads
  • It allows you to restart downloads
  • It is very easy to use

Cons

• The interface is quite outdated
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

increase your download speeds up to five times more with idm

By Benson Mutwiri

On Friday, November 20, 2015

Internet download manager is an application for increasing download speeds up to five imes more though I must warn you that you must check the file size before you download it and make sure that it is more than 32 megabites because this is the most effective one compared to the ones that are of 6mb and less.Idm has a very good technique of downloading things and it is not that they are using magic but basically what they do is to divide the downloads into five parts which are going to be downloading at the same speed and this reduces the time that is taken to download the whole file at once.

Features

Divides the file to be downloaded five times

It increases the downloads speeds up to five times.

It has various and regularly updates

Very free to download and has an easy to set up process.

Conclusion

I think it is the best you can get in the market as per now.

Pros

• it increases the download speeds up to five times
  • it is free to download

Cons

• there is a trial version after that you have to buy
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER 6.23 BUILD 12 is a good application to use

By Finch-McAce Hans

On Monday, September 7, 2015

This is a good application and easy to use. It helps you download files from the internet. It increases the download process up to 5 times. The most amazing thing about this tool is that when your computer has some network problems or the power is off or the internet at that time you are using is low and the computer shuts down this tool will restart the interrupted process also in addition you can resume the program or even schedule.

It is important to note that it has a high speed and in addition it also has an automatic virus protection making your files free from the viruses hence well protected

FEATURES

Virus protection

Divides files into different streams

CONCLUSION

It is a good application an easy one for that matter and is faster and well gives protection to the files as it has the automatic virus protection.

i recommend most users to use this application because it is fast to use and it is managerble and moreso an easy application to use

Pros

• it is avery good application to use
  • it is an easy application to use

Cons

• for the fist time users it is adifficult application to use
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

FACEBOOK FOR EVERYONE 16.0.0.20.15 AS AN INTERNET APPLICATION IN OUR CURRENT GENERATION

By Adrian Okinda

On Thursday, October 16, 2014

Facebook is an online social chat platform that enables users to get in touch with each other from all parts of the world. With this app you won’t miss any of the juicy stories or trending topics happening all over the world. Therefore it is a tool for sharing vital information as well as fun topics with each other.

This app is so popular as it has over a billion users worldwide. Users can not only share texts only but can also share pictures by a simple click of a button.

Users can take a picture with their mobile devices or high end smart phones and easily share online for your friends and family to see. The friends can then like or comment on the pictures.

Any updates or new messages are notified to the user immediately.

I find this app so easy to use and fun too. Once you start chatting you won’t even realize how fast time goes by as it is simply addictive.

You can use Facebook for everyone as long as you have Android, IOS , Windows operating system and an internet connection.

Verdict: Facebook for everyone is a nice, easy to use and a fun application.

Pros

• Easy to download and use
  • User interface is easy to understand

Cons

• Easily addictive to alot of peaple
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Internet Download Manager 6.23 Build 10: Download videos, images, etc from the web

By Gfx Syne

On Thursday, November 26, 2015

Internet download manager is an application through which different stuff, like movies,videos or files can be downloaded easily from internet. Today, downloading random stuff is very common as in almost every activity on internet requires downloading. So internet download manager 6.23 Build 10 provides the best solution as it offers downloading at fast speed increased up to five times. Moreover, it also provides the option to pause, resume and schedule the download. In case if connection is lost, or there is some network issue, or if computer shutdowns while downloading, this application has the comprehensive error recovery system and capability to resume or restart the interrupted or broken downloads. In order to achieve the best acceleration performance, internet download manager processes already available connections rather than additional connections. IDM works

smoothly on any type of browser like Google chrome, opera, Mozilla Firefox and internetexplorer. Music videos and audio can be downloaded in any format.

Pros

• Very handy tool for downloading files
  • Can resume interrupted downloads in IDM

Cons

• Slightly difficult to understand for new users
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: