REVIEW LIST

Stronghold 1.4

If you are fond of castle sieges, this game is definitely for you

By Sam James

On Friday, June 12, 2015

I love playing real-time strategy games especially if the setting is during medieval times. The beautiful castles and costumes during this era are truly captivating. This is one of the reasons while I like playing Stronghold. The graphics and animations are great and the developers of this game have truly captured the nature of the medieval period. The resource gathering is also a strong point in this game. You will enjoy developing and growing your economy because of the great detail involved in these tasks. Also, the combat system is quite exciting although there is limited selection of troops. There are various ways to protect your castle. You can utilize pit traps, moats and other items to defend your territory. The soundtracks are great and complement the game’s story nicely. On the other hand, the downside for me is the difficulty to build castle walls. It’s very hard to build because you cannot construct or put items on areas that are not readily visible. You can view from other angles, but certain objects like towers may still block your view. Nevertheless, Stronghold is worth playing because of its balanced gameplay.

Pros

• Good graphics and balanced gameplay
  • Great story with nice music

Cons

• Moving the different units is tiresome
Playability:
Graphics:
Sound:
Multiplayer: