REVIEW LIST

Microsoft Office OneNote 365

App for Taking Notes Can Also Record Audio and Video Notes

By Sam James

On Thursday, September 4, 2014

OneNote 365 is known as a software used to take notes – you either type or write them. However, it also has the amazing ability to record notes. It can be used to record video or audio notes. Personally, this option works better for me because I can’t really miss anything if I can record everything. For students this is the perfect way to record lectures. In the office, this is the perfect app for recording meetings. It also has the ability to create notebooks of your notes. This is perfect for students, too. This way, you can manage your notes, so you can easily access them for making your assignments or for studying past lessons. This can also be used in the office to create reports. Lastly, it has the ability to enable its users to sync files and share it with one another especially between colleagues for project collaborations in the office. For businesses, this is also good because users who work remotely, can share files online.

Pros

• Includes tools for project collaborations
  • Includes tools for complimenting your note-taking tasks

Cons

• Requires purchasing the full version to get its full features
Usability:
Performance:
Ease to access guides and manuals:
Interface:

Manages Not Only Written Notes, But Recorded Video and Audio Notes Too

By Sam James

On Monday, March 30, 2015

What is there not to love about MS Office OneNote 365? Aside from its top features, users can enjoy is additional features with its full integration with the latest Office apps available. Additional capabilities for OneNote include: First is the ability to create notebooks on your desktop computer even when you are offline and that does not include saving your notebooks through MS OneDrive. The ability to work offline with your notebooks is very convenient especially if you are having Internet connection problems or simply if you are always not in front of your desktop PC. Second is the ability to support your needs business-wise. If you have a collaborative business with anyone, you can easily share them your notes or other documents online. What’s more, you can protect your business files by adding passwords to them. Third is the ability to record (yes you read that right) your notes. You don’t only have to write or type notes, you can also record them in video or audio voice only. I personally think this is better because you can’t miss anything with this kind of note-taking. It’s perfect for meetings or lectures.

Pros

• Can record video or audio notes
  • Offers management tools for notes

Cons

• Full features can only be accessed when subscribed or purchased
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Includes Dismissible On-Screen Keyboard and Office 365 Support on the Latest Update

By Sam James

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The latest update to OneNote 365 was very much appreciated by its users. I have to agree that the dismissible on-screen keyboard is very helpful. I always thought they’d change that and now they did. Office 365 support was also welcomed warmly. This way, whenever the need arises to open work notes, users can open them anytime and anywhere. To do this, users can access their Office 365 online accounts. As for the improvement in the on-screen touch keyboard, it has been considered important by many users. It served us good when it enabled us to type anywhere when we take notes, but there are times when it was not needed, especially if you are recording video-notes and audio-notes or reading written notes. Thankfully, Microsoft has changed it to dismissible. Now, users can dismiss, or minimize, the keyboard when they are reading. While these two mentioned were the most important updates, Microsoft also highlighted some changes. It enhanced OneNote’s Pen menu, so users can change color or thickness, and even set favorite pens. It also features support for touch drawing, and recent notebooks roaming list.

Pros

• Adapted for mobile devices use
  • Provides wider screen for viewing or reading

Cons

• Latest update must be purchased to be enjoyed
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

Microsoft One Note information gathering software review by James Meyette

By James Meyette

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Microsoft One Note is software that is familiar to Microsoft word but rather than having to use inline text form you can just click onto the page where you want to enter the text and you can can type it in.

This is great for taking notes on your computer, making tables or other things that you would want to do with it.

It does this by saving all of the input information as XML like all other Microsoft office programs. One Note also has the ability to save your data as you work on it in case of your computer crashing or something else going wrong where you could lose your data *saves this review*.

Over all this is a great tool for taking notes and many other things that there only used to be word processors available for, technically this is a word processor, but has many other features included right out of the box.

Pros

• Use the form as a normal word processor
  • Software also has many other features that are not commonly found in Word Processors
  • Easy to use interface makes taking notes almost fun

Cons

• The price to obtain the software is unreachable for some potential users
Usability:
Performance:
Interface:

A simple and uncomplicated program that makes your tasks a lot easier

By Sam James

On Monday, July 28, 2014

Microsoft Office 365 is an update of the familiar software that we all use. It has a simple and uncomplicated interface which makes this program easy to use. I purchased it because I know this is what I need in my work and I am so happy with its performance. It provides a lot of useful things that I can use on my tasks. Honestly, I was a little leery to buy this program because of the mixed reviews I have read on the internet. After I downloaded the program in my PC, I really thought that I was going to have same issues as the others. But I was relieved because the program works so well and I don’t have any issues with it. Another thing that I would like to add, you must have a Microsoft account before you can purchase this program. All in all, this program is worth it. You can check it for yourself and see how it works.

Pros

• Simple interface with enhanced sharing features
  • Integrates with LinkedIn and Facebook

Cons

• Program is a bit expensive
Usability:
Performance:
Interface: