REVIEW LIST

Internet Download Manager 6.26 Build 2

Download anything as long as the trial version is active

By Jane Middleburg

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I’ve tried this application as long as the trial version let me, and I must say that helped me with the files I wanted to download. The cool thing is that it gives you a boost for your usual downloading speed even if you’re using a firewall, but in case of using this firewall the speed is still frustrating. The tool of the application that I used the most was the grabber because allowed me to get files from the websites I wanted, videos and music included. It is secure and easy to use, it detected a couple Trojans from a file that I wanted to download from other website and stopped immediately the process.

There’s no much more to say, but that it would be better if there would be an unlimited free version instead of a trial. I’m sure that if the developers would offer this software without limitations and then release a premium IDM they would be very successful. The program is very good and I recommend trying it, but if you want to download other program completely free maybe you can try Flashget, which is not a trial.

Pros

• It boosts all your downloads
  • Audio and video files grabber
  • Good performance in every aspect
  • Manage your downloads easily with the scheduler

Cons

• There are good and free alternatives
  • The Interface could be better
  • The trial could be longer
  • Not as intuitive as it should be
Usability:
Performance:
Guides-manuals:
Interface:

Opera Mini 14.0.0

Browse saving power and data usage from your mobile device

By Chris Larrage

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Recently I bought a new Motorola Moto G, which comes with Google Chrome browser installed by default. I read about Opera Mini for Android, and I gave it a try. I must say that this browser is really comfortable, and it feels great in my smartphone. Opera Mini works really fast, and it is true that compresses the websites I visit to save in my data use. My favorite webpages are saved, and I can access almost immediately from the main page in which all of these sites are shown as a little image.

As a user, I experienced little changes between the mobile browsers but I think that this is good because Opera did a great work rivalizing with the default option. Many people may not know anything about Opera Mini, and that’s a shame since it is a really recommendable application for all smartphones, with so little resource consumption. I had installed it on my previous smartphone, a Sony Ericsson Experia Neo V, with which I experienced some performance issues in the latest days, but in general terms the Opera Mini browser worked really well in that device. Take the advice and try it since it will enhance your internet browsing experience.

Pros

• Quick access to the Internet
  • It lets me to save data consumption
  • Quick access to my favorite websites
  • Full of different useful features

Cons

• It fails when you have to load HTML5
  • Not so good looking as it should be
  • The search field only supports Google and is separated
  • I find it uncomfortable for browsing large pages
Usability:
Performance:
Guides-manuals:
Interface:

Facebook for Every Phone 64.0

Access to your Facebook profile wherever you are at any moment

By Chris Larrage

Having Facebook installed on your smartphone has turned into an almost indispensable thing issue nowadays. The good thing about this software is that it implements really well the interface for touchscreens, making this app really useful and comfortable. It allows me to upload directly the pictures I take with my mobile phone and tag the people I want and appear on the image. This is a fantastic feature for people that want to improve the social aspects of their mobile devices.

Aside from the usual features, similar to the PC version, this app integrates GPS support that will tell to my contacts where exactly I am when I update my status. The application also notifies me when a contact mentions me on a new post, and also keeps me informed about all the news and feeds I follow.

Although it is not an impressive app, I think that every smartphone and Facebook user must have it installed since it allows all the people to be informed and connected in an instant. Take a look at your personal messages, your photo albums or any use you have for this popular social network. It works much better than the browser version for mobile devices, so it is a recommendable app for everyone.

Pros

• Access to your Facebook account from anywhere
  • Comfortable touch interface for mobile devices
  • GPS support and direct picture upload
  • I can follow all the news in my circles

Cons

• It can use too much data
  • Depends on your Internet connection
  • There can be some issues with the updates
  • Messenger services depends on other app
Usability:
Performance:
Guides-manuals:
Interface:

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Race till the very end of the world avoiding the law forces

By Will Terry

Really sweet car game. I’ve been playing this game for some time and I really find it really exciting with good graphics that makes the cars almost real. The thing I miss the most is damage on cars’ collisions. Having a great crash with other players and leaving the scene like if nothing happened is not as good as it may seem.

I’ve been a fan of the series for some time, since I played the first editions for PSX and the pursuit system the developers have included in this game has increased the duration of the title. I play this mode with my friends, getting away from police helicopters, avoiding spike strips and seeing who has the skills for getting to the other side of the circuit.

I really like the soundtrack, but in later versions this aspect is much better. The plot story looks like the Fast & Furious movies, and that’s OK. The number of cars can be much higher coming from a great company like EA, comparing to other racing titles like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport the car variety lacks of it, variety. In any way, this is a good game, and the new released smartphone edition is good as well. Really recommendable title for car lovers.

Pros

• Easy gameplay and general controls
  • Some races are really challenging
  • Great racing soundtrack, well chosen
  • Pursuit mode is very funny

Cons

• No car damage in the collisions
  • It needs some more cars
  • The storyplot was not needed at all
  • Sometimes it is too simple
Playability:
Graphics: